Welcome 2 my Blog =P

Photography

Monday, October 11, 2010

Color Replacement

This sunflower taken on October 5, 2010 at 5:30pm; behind my house. I used auto to take this picture.


To get the sunflower to change from yellow to orange I had too use photoshop. First I used the marquee tool to select the flower than I used quick selection tool to select only the flower petals. I went to image-adjustments-replace color and changed the color to orange. I used color balance-midtones; and added cyan +19, mangenta +13, and -3 of yellow. On adjustments-hue/saturation I changed lightness, saturation, hue, and put them at -19, +10, and -7. I think the original sun flower looked better when it was yellow rather than orange.

5 comments:

  1. I like the orange one better, it looks better in my mind.
    :) ,

    tyraoak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color change looks very natural. :] Nice job. Maybe next time change both flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the orange but it was only to one flower. I think if you did both it would've came out even more natural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do like the way you did the color on this picture. it still looks natural and it actually looks very very good. One thing though is that since you changed oneof the flowers that color, it might have looked even better if you wouldve changed both the flowers color.

    ReplyDelete